Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dear past, thanks for all the lessons. Dear future, I'm ready

Dear past,

As a kid we're told, "Chew with your mouth closed,remember to look both ways before crossing the street, and don't forget to say thank you.

As a teenager we're told, "Don't do drugs, don't do this, don't do that get good grades, and reach for the stars."

And as a teenager, I am not sure what they'll tell me as an adult. At this point in my life I have been told a lot of things, been basked a lot of things, but...It's not what I've been told that matters...It's what I do with what I've been told that matters...It's how I've answered to what I've been asked. However, these decisions and answers won't tie me down to a specific future. Not everything that happens now will matter in the future. For now I just have to try to live life as it is and take certain things with a grain of salt.

I may not know how to respond to everything I am told, and I may not know how to answer every question I am asked, but for now...Dear Future, I'm ready.

Sincerely,

The Present

No comments:

Post a Comment