Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dream Big

It is a proven fact that those who set there goals high are more likely to succeed those with low goals. It is also proven that those who WRITE there goals down AND TALK to someone about their goals are very likely to succeed. So you know what? I dream big and I don't stop. Some of my dreams may seem ridiculous to others but I don't care. I have places I wanna go, things I wanna do and many things I want. My dream is to be a professional actress. Being a professional stage actress is my first dream, but Hollywood doesn't sound that bad. I also want to become fluent in FRENCH. Eventually, I'll live in France. I also most likely live in New York at some point in my life. And don't tell me that I should think about New York. Don't tell me that it's expensive and a rough life. Don't ask, "Are you sure about New York? It's not a good place to live." I KNOW what I want. Yes, it's expensive, crowded, dirty and rough, but after getting a little taste of the NY life. . . .I want more because you know what? All in the end it's gonna be worth. In the end, you only have one life and I won't be the one asking, "Where'd did the time go? What did I do with my life?" I'll be the one asking, "How the hell did I do all of that in such a short time?"
And my dreams don't stop there. I eventually wanna go back to school for human development and psychology. My hope is to one day become a high school counselor or a therapist who specializes in adolescent mental health. More often than not, teenagers' problems are overlooked as just being "hormones" or "there's a lot going in your life, or "your body is going through a lot of changes." There are times when there ARE other underlining issues that need to be looked at and treated. I want to be the one teens CAN go to and feel COMFORTABLE to talk to.
And yet, my dreams STILL don't stop there. =)
I want to travel. I want to visit ALL U.S. States and I want to travel to every continent apart from Antarctica. =p
I want to go on an African Safari. I want to go backpacking through Europe. I want to visit the rain forests and more!
I have big dreams that I will accomplish. ~Peace!


Tell me about your dreams!

5 comments:

  1. oh Diah how I adore you. :) your plans sound beyond fantastic and I should accompany you on some of these adventures. My dreams have downsized a lot since i was little because I have become more practical (not that yours are impractical of course!) I just think the things I want to do in my life now are becoming a teacher who does art and performing on the side, being a mother, and I really love minnesota. I would be willing to live here for a long long time. I'll be the granny in roseville who will talk all about the "old days"

    my only set in stone plan though is teaching...

    and a dream is that I want to get married in the landmark cortile *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. How well you know my dreams! But since you asked you shall receive.
    I want to double major in music & english at the University of Indiana. I want to live in a condo by a river or lake in a smallish town & be a teacher. I also want to own my own jewelry store, publish books (mostly poetry), & make a few CDs. I would like to travel through Europe at some point & go to the ocean & I mean not just see it but stand in it spend an afternoon or whole day just sitting there feeling the ocean on my face. I want to be in a movie just for the experience & maybe run a daycare? For high school my dreams are work, become a beast at the piano & dancing, take REAL voice lessons, work at a summer camp & do as much with little kids as possible. Also earn straight As & do LOTS of shows ... Big dreams? I think so. Possible? If I put my mind to it. We need to work together because I won't stop until I do all of this & more. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Sarah: I love you child. Those sound like good plans to me. And very very very possible. You'll get there. And tell John you better set a day quick and reserve in like 3 years in advanced for the Cortile. =p That place gets booked pretty fast and for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Alicia: Condos seem very nice. And you will be teaching my kids, Auntie Alicia, one day AS WILL Auntie Sarah.And Sarah and I will be traveling with you, k? And if you run a daycare my kids will be there sometimes. =) Cuz they'll loooove you! And of course your dreams are possible. You are hardworking and ambitious! It is goood to dream big! ~Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a former WWE and current UFC fighter told me (Brock Lesnar). . . .DREAM BIG!

    ReplyDelete